Saturday, September 5, 2009
This month was a struggle. The idea, for which I had some help, was difficult to come by. The posing and blocking could have been better. I received excellent feedback, and I wish I had more time to incorporate it.
I probably spent too much time preparing to animate. (Weird, I know). I looked at a lot of Milt Kahl, Glene Keane and Will Eisner. I spent time photographing hand/body reference. But then I just did a lot of sitting around thinking and worrying.
Here is the first blocking I did:
And then the final blocking:
A lot of the best feedback I received picked up on problems that are noticable in these two blocking tests. But I sorta refused any hardcore critique at this stage - bad move on my part!
Anyways, it came together in the end, but there is still work to be done in his performance.
Oh, and the phone cord is missing... gotta remember to add that in.